Healthcare Professionals: Should You Consider an AHA ACLS Course?
Posted On: 2/28/2012
Health Education Solutions now offers an American Heart Association (AHA) ACLS online course, HeartCode® ACLS Part 1. The course uses eSimulation technology, in which the student must go through simulated events and observe the treatment of virtual patients, and serves as an option for healthcare providers who need to either earn their initial ACLS certification or get recertified.
Here are a few things to consider when deciding if an AHA ACLS online course is right for you.
An AHA ACLS course may be the best fit for you:
- If you direct or participate in the management of cardiovascular emergencies
- HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 is a course directed toward healthcare providers who are responsible for either directing or participating in the treatment of cardiovascular emergencies.
- Professionals who generally require ACLS certification include doctors, registered nurses, EMTs and paramedics, firefighters and other healthcare providers specializing in emergency care.
- If your employer requires an AHA approved certification course
- HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 is one of the current offerings for AHA courses on HES. While most certification courses follow AHA guidelines for ACLS protocol, some employers may specifically require that their employees earn their certification through an official AHA ACLS course.
- Individuals who get certified through the HeartCode® ACLS course and complete an in- person skills session receive an official AHA ACLS provider card to prove their certification is AHA approved.
- If you are looking for a non-classroom option
- Many healthcare professionals have hectic schedules that are not conducive to taking a traditional ACLS course. Taking an AHA ACLS online course allows for more flexibility, as it can be accessed 24 hours a day and is self-paced.
- Following the online portion of the course, an individual must schedule a hands-on training and testing session with an AHA ACLS course instructor or voice-activated manikin (VAM) to complete the certification process.
Health Education Solutions offers certification and recertification courses online for ACLS and PALS, including AHA ACLS courses. Learn more about HeartCode® ACLS Part 1 and ACLS certification on HES.
| American Heart Association